This is the first time I ever made Sweet Potato Zoodles. I was super intimidated by any veggie noodle and didn’t think that it would fill me up but shockingly enough what I made was tasty, filling, and healthy. This recipe is gluten free and if you are vegetarian you do not need to add the ground turkey. This makes about 4-5 servings. You can add any other veggies you may have, if you like chicken or another protein add it in, BE CREATIVE. You can use as much or as little as you need. I do not measure how much veggies or protein I put in. It just depends.
Zoodles are a great way to get your pasta craving satisfied. Of course it is not the same thing but this is a great alternative if you are gluten free or are trying to eat cleaner.
I hope you enjoy!
What you need
- Ground turkey (extra lean). Freeze half for another day
- 1 yellow bell pepper.
- sweet potato zoodles (store bought or hand cranked)
- (optional) tomato sauce or any other sauce
- kale (1 handful or two depending on what you like)
What you’ll do
- Wash and cut your veggies.
- Heat up a really large pan with olive oil, once the oil is warm start browning your ground turkey. Mince garlic and stir into the browning turkey
- Add your seasonings: garlic powder, salt/pepper, red chili flakes, basil. Since the turkey is really lean you may want to add a bit more olive oil because the other veggies will absorb it too.
- Once your turkey is browned and cooked through add in the kale, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Give the pan a good toss using tongs or a wooden spoon. Make sure all of the veggies are covered with seasonings. To avoid burning, add oil so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan Mushrooms and kale have a lot of water so they will cook down. Adjust your seasonings and oil as needed
- Once your kale and mushrooms are cooked down, add in the sweet potato zoodles. Give all your veggies a really good toss and adjust your seasonings. The zoodles will have a little bite to them when they cook down because sweet potatoes are hardy. They do offer a really nice sweetness.
- Cook zoodles until they are soft. Add in as much sauce to coat all the veggies and enjoy 🙂